Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Different Carbon material properties for two different stages of simulation 2 months 1 week ago #974

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28
How do I use different Carbon material properties for two different stages of my simulation?
For example, I have a synthetic shoe leather that does not stretch under normal forces.
However, I am using excessive force to stretch the leather upper into place, but once it’s in place, it’s going to be subjected to normal forces during foot movement.

If you just use Carbon settings that allow no stretch, then under excessive fitting force Carbon will be over constrained and you will get problems for example with collision with the last. So, the challenge is that you want Carbon settings that allow some stretch during fitting, but no stretch after fitting.

The solution is to make this process as two simulations.

In the first simulation you need to use Carbon material properties for the leather that allow for the amount of stretch you are going to achieve with excessive force.
Then you use the fitted mesh, as the start mesh for a second simulation where you use Carbon material properties for the leather that do not allow stretching.

If you are using the Carbon Cloth “Face Segment Crease” model then you just use the fitted mesh as the start mesh and reference mesh for the 2nd simulation.

If you are using Carbon Cloth “Tailored” model then you want to use a blended reference for the 2nd simulation, where the warp / weft / bias directions are taken from the original flat panel reference meshes, but the reference metrics are taken from the fitted mesh.

This forum post explains more about using blended reference meshes. forum.numerion-software.com/tip-of-the-week/483

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by admin.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds